Langworth Motorsport International
Picture yourself in the drivers seat! All about us How to contact us Rallysport sponsorship pays! All our services Langworth Motors
Wirral Charlemagne R & M Williams Scottish Rally

This year has been badly hit by the national outbreak of foot and mouth disease which meant there were no events in the first half of the year so consequently they are all being concentrated into the second half.

Once again we are running Michael Brew and Breeshey Christian in the Super 106 Cup and are hoping for big things from them as towards the end of 2000 they had been among the front runners in the ultra-competitive 106 series. top

Round One - The Wirral Rally.

No easy stroll down the Promenade..!

Michael and Bree's progress was hampered by catching slower cars on the stages and a 15 second loss on the first stage and a 10 second loss on the second stage meant that, with fierce competition, it was not possible to pull back.

Despite swopping times with the leading car throughout the remainder of the event and some spirited driving including some two-wheel moments!..It was not possible to go any higher than 7th place. A good result but not what we had hoped for. top


Round Two - Rallye Charlemagne. France.

Local Team tyred-out in France..!

The team had to contend with very changeable, treacherous conditions on the slippery French tarmac. The two stages run on the first day had been dry and very fast but as the rally progressed into day two the heavens opened and the front running French championship cars made the stage even more dangerous by dragging mud onto the road.

The 106 times became a lottery and, with both Ryan Champion and Rory Galligan getting through some stages before they became really wet, the gap between the first two cars and the rest opened. Michael and Bree were on the wrong tyres for the longest stage of the rally - 24 kms of French tarmac road masquerading as a river - and despite several huge moments more time was lost. The rest of the second leg became an exercise in changing tyres from wets to inters and back again. The service crew had to cut more tyres in record time.

The eventual finishing position of 5th was a little disappointing although it had been an achievement to keep the Campions of Lincoln sponsored Peugeot 106 on the road and still be on the pace. top


Round Three - R & M Williams Welsh Rally.

In the news
Michael Brew
Goal for Manx United
Michael Brew scored his first Peugeot Super 106 Cup win on the recent R & M Williams Welsh Rally.
The Manxman and co-driver Breeshey Christian took the lead at the end of the first stage, but suffered a puncture in the fourth and lost 40 seconds.
They fought back until Brew clipped a kerb on SS10 and damaged the steering, which cut their lead again. Even so, they held their nerve and went on to win by eight seconds.
It was Brews first victory in his three years of Super 106 competition. The 26-year-old cut his teeth on local events before venturing away from his Isle of Man home to
contest rounds of the BTRDA and British Rally Championships.Prior to the Welsh, fourth place on the 2000 Trackrod Rally had been the crew's best result, but they have moved up to second in the championship and Brew is excited about the future. He said:"I'm happy it has all come together - but this is only the start".
Working as a builder to finance his rallying, Brew aims to win this year's Super 106 Cup and progress to the FIA Super 1600 Junior Championship. "From there I just want to keep going and see how far I can get," he said.
BREW'S FORESIGHT: 106 driver has his eyes on the world stage.
Motorsport News August 22nd 2001 top
One-make round-up
Peugeot Super 106 Cup
An  astounded  Michael Brew climbed on to the top step for his first ever Peugeot 106 Cup podium following an impressive drive of controlled aggression.
The Manxman (above) blasted into an early lead, but fell back down the order with a puncture
in the fourth stage. He stayed on the attack and pulled away  from second placed finisher and new championship leader Garry Jennings.
  Rory Galligan took third after concentrating on staying out of trouble. Shaun Gallagher was fourth and Chris Moore fifth.
Motorsport News August 15th 2001

Round Four - Scottish Rally.

Bad News !

The Scottish Rally has shown the team just how fickle motorsport can be... after the highs of the last round when Michael and Breeshey won the 106 Cup round and moved to 2nd place overall in the Championship, the Scottish Rally showed us the lows of the sport.

Michael and Breeshey left the road on stage 9 at Clatteringshaw in a violent accident that resulted in Michael being airlifted to Ayr hospital with a suspected broken back and Bree had to be taken to hospital after suffering concussion. Needless to say the car is a complete write-off.

The accident has put Michael out of the Championship hunt as he will not be fit enough to drive the final rounds although he has now been allowed to return home to the Isle of Man.

To add insult to injury, the team's other driver Steve Blunt and co-driver Bill Robertson also crashed out on the same stage although it looks as if the 306 ST1.6 will be repairable.

This was Steve's first forest event and only his fourth rally - the second in the 306 - and he had been pleased to be leading Class N3 at the time. top

Harold Palin Memorial Rally

Every second counts !

After twelve years of rallying, local driver Gawaine Clark from North Hykeham took his maiden overall victory. It had taken Gawaine 101 rallies to achieve this, although only in the last six months have the team had a car capable of winning an event outright.

Previously, Gawaine has had numerous class wins and won several championships. Gawaine and co-driver Helene Clark took their Langworth Motorsport run Subaru Impreza to a very narrow three second victory after 60 miles of competitive driving on the Harold Palin Memorial Rally at Manby airfield near Louth. They had been followed closely all the way by Grantham's Wayne and Peter Railton in an Escort Cosworth.

Gawaine and Helene had led from the off, stopping the clocks one second faster than the Mitsubishi Lancer of Neville Sutton on stage one. After two stages they led by four seconds from the Railtons and by the end of stage five Gawaine and Helene led by eight seconds. That was as good as the lead would get as the Subaru suffered from poor brakes.

The Railtons took two seconds back on stages six and seven reducing the gap to four seconds. On stage eight, both crews stopped the clock after an identical time but after stage nine, the gap was reduced by a further two seconds.

At this point the Langworth Motorsport service crew decided to remove all excess weight from the car in an effort to stem the Railton charge; so out went the jack, the wheel brace and the spare wheel! Just enough fuel was put in to complete the final six miles. The effort was worth it and another fastest time left Gawaine and Helene with the victory by three seconds.

Another local driver made his rallying debut at the same event. 18 year old Tom Dziadkiewicz had started slowly in a Peugeot 1.6 205 but with Simon Scarbrow co-driving he rapidly found his feet and impressed many more experienced local competitors including the winner of the event whose car he had borrowed! He brought the car home undamaged in 5th position in the class.

Next year the Langworth Motorsport team hope to run him in the National 205 Championship where they expect great things from him. top

Adjust your Browser to 800 x 600. All material on these pages © Langworth Motorsport 2002. Design by